• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shotty Engine Work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gepids

I live in florida, I purchased a used vehicle with no extended warranty on 16 Sep 2002. In Jan 2003 I had to put a new engine and transmission in the vehicle. Since replacing those parts I have had nothing but problems with the dealer that did the repairs. I have brought the vehicle back three times for; problems with the shifting of the transmission, idleing of the engine (like it was going to die) and the alternator shorteing out and the dealer tried to get me to pay for all these repairs. At first they said the parts are guaranteed not the labor. They ended up replacing the alternator and harness and they say nothing is wrong with the engine and trans, when by driving the vehicle it is apparent there is a problem. Now my water pump is leaking and they said I need to pay for that. When they took the old one off my old engine and put it on the new one. The vehicle is a 99' jeep cherokee. My question is am I liable for the repair shops hotty work if, under law this is indeed shotty work?

racer72

You can't hold the shop liable for a used part that was installed off the old engine. You would have no way of proving that the installation they did caused the problem. It's not shotty workmanship, it shoddy parts that are causing your problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">