• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I proceed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rebecca Pfost

What is the name of your state? FL
I had my car repo'd Dec '98 though Ford. The car was picked up while I was in GA because my father had a fatal stroke. There was no damage to either my property nor my personal property in the car. The auto was auctioned off( of course for less) with a balance of apprx 8000.00 due. I made an agreement with Ford to settle for 5000.00 when my fathers estate was disbursed. There were delays in the estate closure, so my payment to Ford was delayed. They filed a judgement against me and won. The judge was kinda po'd that they would not take the money I had sent them and be done with it. The judge instructed Fords lawyers to contact them and see what could be worked out. This was 11/2002. I now have been served papers for garnishment. Ford's lawyers never contacted them or me. I'm going Friday to get copies of the Nov "trial" for proof. My question, do I file a claim against them or what are my rights? I don't want any money or anything, I just want them to update my credit report(has never been done, still shows original balance) and leave me alone. This has been going on since '98.

S

sdstrooper

You stated "The judge was kinda po'd that they would not take the money I had sent them and be done with it". If Ford doesn't want your money, why are they garnishing your wages? You have a right to know if your wages are getting garnished and why EXACTLY they are getting garnished.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">