• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marcusf

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hello,

I am trying to find out my next course of action on a botched honeymoon. My wife and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon. Here is the gist of what happened. Our Hotel was overbooked and sent us on a 2 hour bus ride to another hotel against our wishes. It was a miserable ride and I couldn't even sit near my wife because it was too crowded. This hotel was completely different and had everything that we were trying to avoid. You had to take a shuttle to the beach, it was not a couples only resort and therefore had teenage spring breakers all around, had no room service, was not directly on the beach, and finally the main reason we booked with this hotel was because their motto is stay at one play at all. This means you can shuttle between all of their resorts and use all that they have to offer. When we went to dinner the first night we walked down to one of their hotels only to be informed that the hotel that we were sent to does not have the same privileges as the hotel line that we originally booked with. My wife and I ended up having a horrible time on our honeymoon instead of the most memorable time in our lives. This is something that we can never get back. I have drastically shortened the list of complaints that we have written to them but I think it is obvious that they are in breach of contract. In essence they sold us a TV and when we picked it up they gave us a VCR and said hey don't worry it is an upgrade. The fact is, who determines what is an upgrade. The truth is My wife and I would not have spent a dollar on the trip that they gave us. We spent years dreaming about how we would make our honeymoon and where we would go. Only to have it all ruined when we got there. They have refused to refund us our money and I am considering a lawsuit. Can someone give me some advice on what to do? I feel completely cheated.

Last edited:

M

marcusf

Thanks for the reply!

Sandals resorts is who overbooked us. They have them all over the place. We went through a travel agent in Florida. I don't know if we have to sue the travel agency, the hotel chain, or the actual hotel that we were supposed to stay at. I would imagine that the hotel chain or the travel agent would be at fault. I was hoping to find that out from this posting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">