• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Show dog with no papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dogbreeder

I'm from Maryland and I purchased a show dog from a breeder (in cash ~$2,000, no receipt) and I have others who are aware of the transaction but will not step forward to get involved. The breeder took my money but will not send me the AKC papers so basically as far as breeeding and showing the dog in AKC shows I'm out of luck. I've had the dog for 2 years now. I filed a complaint with the AKC but they will not get involved and the breeder has now told AKC and others that I stole the dog. The breeder has never filed any charges with me or made any attempt to get the dog back. (I have emails from people that know the breeder and that I did not steal the dog) I do have some emails from the breeder stating that she has to straighten some issues out with another breeder and then she will sign the papers over ot me but she has stopped all communication. What would be my best course of action ? BYW she has moved to another state. (KY)

seniorjudge

Q: What would be my best course of action ?

A: To do what? You bought a dog with no papers and you got a dog with no papers.

dogbreeder

The point is that I was supposed to get papers with the dog and also she is now slandering my name by stating that I stole the dog.

divgradcurl

Sue the breeder in small claims court for the difference in cost between an AKC registered dog and an unregistered pup. If you've already waited two years, it might be too late to sue, but you might as well give it a try anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">