• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sick puppy from breeder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noelle4

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?:( Illinois
Hi. I'm new to this and appreciate any advice. I paid $550 for a 10 wk old puppy. Had to wait a week before i could bring him home b/c he was being treated w nebulizers and antibiotics for "upper resp. infection." 6 days after i brought him home, after breeder tells me has clean bill of health, my vet shows me he has pneumonia (xrays) and is very sick (altho does not act like it now). treating w antibiotics now and have a $400 vet bill still climbing w f/u visits to come.
MY PRIORITY IS KEEPING MY PUPPY FROM DYING. I will do what I can to save him, without having my husband divorce me from (he did not really want a puppy in the first place)!
The breeder is offering to take him back as she "does not pay vet bills", but he is our very much loved pet now. I'm afraid she would let him die or resell to another unsuspecting family. I am convinced she is alll about money and does not have the animals' interest first. I am out of my mind with worry, as are my 3 sons and husband (he has also grown attached).
Do we have recourse?
thanks for any advice,
noelle in chicago

shortbus

If your priority is keeping the puppy alive, why are you worrying about the breeder? She sold you a defective product. But since you plan to accept the product in its current condition, you're not likely to have any contractual remedy down the road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">