• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Siding Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jnksnell

Help! My wife and I recently signed a legally binding contract to have new vinyl siding put on our house. Now we've discovered that we may have more serious problems on our roof, but we can't afford to do both repairs. We are past the three day cancellation period, but no money has changed hands, financing has not yet been processed and no materials have been ordered by the contractor. Is there ANY way we can cancel the contract or are we stuck? Thanks.

L

lawrat

You do have an excuse to sever the contract. It is called frustration of purpose. As such, you don't have to go through with the agreement. If no money has changed hands, no orders have been made, you owe no damages.

www.attorneypages.com

J

jnksnell

siding Contract

Thanks Lawrat. I am speaking to an attorney tomorrow, so I'll be sure to mention that. I sure hope you're right, because we just had an inspector/appraiser check our house, and his opinion was that our siding is actually great and taking it off wiould DEcrease the value of our home! Thanks again for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">