• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signatures on contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JuJu94

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

i entered into a contract with an employer that paid for my tuition, books, and fees to go back to school. in exchange i had to work for them for after graduation for a certain number of years as well as every other weekend while in school. if i did not stay with them after graduation i had to pay them back the cost of my schooling. i also received a stipend for living expenses every two weeks. my question is, the stipend was not part of the contract, but since i have left my employer they are adding that cost onto my schooling costs that i have to pay back. also, the contract i signed as acceptance in the program was more of a letter with the terms and the employers letterhead and only typed name as closing. no signature. i was the only one who actually signed it. would that even be considered a binding contract with one signature. thanks for any help you may have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">