• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed Contract & Dealership Asking....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmsuccessinc

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I purchased a USED vehicle about 2 weeks ago. I have a signed contract and everything. I purchased the car on a Sunday and they processed the paperwork with the assumption that they would get approval from the bank. During the last week, I have received several calls from the dealership telling me they received approval from the bank, etc. and need more info (personal references, proof of residence (a bill) and my paystub). I walked in, gave them the info and due to the "new contract" that I didn't like (numbers told over phone were NOTHING as written on contract), I told them I would be back. (I didn't sign anything). I haven't been back since (now they are asking for TAX RETURNS) but my questions are: Do I have to "rewrite" another contract (they wanted me to sign an "acknowledgement of rewritten contract) OR can I just tell them that I want to stick with my original contract as signed that evening. If ANY, What are my options?

BlondiePB

When you have bad credit (as evidenced by all the information that is being asked of you), the financal institution(s) that the dealership is working with to approve you for a car loan is "in the driver's seat." If you want to keep the car, you must comply. Otherwise, the dealership will have the car repossessed.

K

Karen Su

I don't know how your credit is, but there are many places on line where you can get a car loan even with bad credit. I would skip the dealer run around, and go there, or to your bank or credit union. Get the loan, and "pay cash" to the dealer.

I was reading about this as a car scam. Most people sweat the credit check even if they have good credit. Car dealers know this, and use it to up the price of the car after you agreed to a different price.

I just got pre-approved for a car loan on-line, The ask for a pay stub, and only ask for tax forms if you are applying for the loan in Jan, Feb, or March. The year to date on you pay stub is enough for them the rest of the year.

Karen (who is not an attorney, and is only telling you what she would do)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">