• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Singoff on trade in for auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cody

Does the co-signer of an auto loan need to sign off when a person wants to trade in an auto?

What happens when the co-signer doesn't sign off but I singed off to trade an auto in to a dealership? Can the dealership legally sell that auto or do I have legal recourse to get that trade-in back? It's been three weeks since I traded it in and still the co-signer has not signed off on the trade-in.

I bought a vehicle that I want to return and reverse the deal and I want to leverage the fact that the co-signer on the trade-in auto has not singed off. The co-signers name is on the title with me.

thank you

L

lawrat

Well, normally yes but there was performance and reliance on this. If you pay the loan off or the auto dealer it is, you can't reverse the deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">