• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Six month old bill shows up again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LeAnn74

My son goes to a Doctor in the same clinic I work in. I had had an outstanding bill at this clinic for my son's birth. In January, the administration announced they would be giving a bonus for a decrease in over-head costs for the last quarter. At this time they called all of the employees with outstanding bills accounts due by the end of the day that these bonus checks came out. I discussed with the administration that there had been complications with my insurance and I wanted to make sure that if I was using my bonus for this purpose that the bill was going to be paid in full. The business manager sat down with me and went over my son's account with me and we came up with a balance. I paid the balance in full and the business manager assured me that it was paid in full. I turned in a 2 weeks notice yesterday. Today the business manager calls me to the office and says that since I was leaving she looked over my son's account again and says that she missed $268.00 and that the amount is due NOW, and in full. Am I really responsible for this when I made every effort to pay this bill in full 7 months ago?

HomeGuru

Do you have a paid in full receipt for the account?
If not, you know that the acounting records will show that the amount is due and has not been paid.

L

LeAnn74

I do have a receipt, but they didn't say 'paid in full' nor did they write ending in a zero balance. My biggest problem is that it's been 2 years since this bill was made. The date of service is 6/22/99. I know that at the time my insurance deductable and my out of pocket was met. Less than a month before this we had a $15,000 bill from the hospital were my son was born. Now that it's 2 years later....I can't even appeal it to my insurance company at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">