• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sliding Glass Door Broken by Landscaper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jasonw12345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I hired a landscaper back in August and In September my brand-new sliding glass door was broken while weed-whacking. The landscaper sent a glass contractor that he found on Craigslist to replace the broken panel. I had him send the contractor back several times because I did not believe that the panel installed was correct (it seemed too thin). The glass contractor argued that the panel he installed was exactly the same and refused to do any more.

After contacting the door manufacturer I found out that the panel is not correct (should be 3/4" thick the one installed is only 5/8" thick). The landscaper says there is nothing he can do because he already paid the glass contractor and to go after him, but the glass contractor will not answer/return my phone calls.

So my question is:
Can I go after either of these companies in small claims court? And if so, Which one?

I feel that the landscaper should have hired a reputable company to fix my door.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jason W.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">