• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claim - I Won My Mattress Warranty Claim.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlm

How many dollars did you get?
My claim was for $1,098 (original purchase price). The arbitrator listed Award amount of $1,098 + Disbursements of $20 = Total of $1,118.00.

Since my last post, the person representing the company I sued called and said they have my check, but will not send it unless they can have their mattress back.

I said "drop the check in the mailbox, the claim doesn't say you won a mattress." I donated the mattress.

The company rep said "you can't have the check without giving us our mattress back. I can take 60 days if I want."

This is going to get interesting. Looks like I'll get to participate in the "How can I collect my judgement" process of Small Claims.

Looks like I get to continue posting...

mlm

Dinner Reservations

Dinner Reservations were made when the check was deposited.

My compliments and appreciation for the timely advice and expertise I received from freeadvice.com and the Senior Members. Much of what I learned and applied came from freeadvice.com and the Senior posting members.

This law stuff appears to be 95% preparation and 5% execution. I wouldn't dare figure the amount per hour this judgement worked out to. I am more than satisfied with the outcome. It went from being about the product and money to being about principle mainly because of the way I was treated and the attitude of the "Customer Service" representatives. I received nothing but condecension (sp?) and attitude from the key players up to, and including, the senior Customer Service VP and policy maker at the manufacturer. Enough said because...they still don't get it. Rule number one, "the customer is always right." Rule number two, "see rule number one."

Kudos.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">