• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claim Suit against minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nochoice

I have sued what turns out to be a minor. He bought something from me on Ebay and said he dropped the payment in the mail and so I sent the item, but he never paid. What will happen when I go to court? Will the judge throw it out because he's a minor? Will I be able to at least demand that the item be returned to me? I have to travel out of state to go to the court and in the suit I added these costs (can I do that?)... any other advice?

N

nochoice

very helpful... thank you.
But some questions remain... if he has the goods and I don't have the money yet is this a fully executed contract? Does that affect anything? And if I understand correctly, he would have to return me to the position I was in before the sale, which would include reimbursement for the shipping? And if he lost or damaged it... then what? I really want to be prepared.

crusheroz

Not to be rude, but why did you sent the item out before you got payment? That might be a question that the judge will ask you.

N

nochoice

he said he put the money order in the mail... i was leaving on a two week vacation, so I trusted he did it and sent it so he wouldn't have to wait two weeks... bad decision on my part i know...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">