• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soccer league help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unansweredvicti

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I recently paid 55 for a soccer league. I was kicked out for no apparent reason. The owner of it all the building the league didn't even tell me he had to contact my former coach. Is there anything I can do? He said the only way someone can get kicked out is if they throw a punch. I have witnesses to that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I recently paid 55 for a soccer league. I was kicked out for no apparent reason. The owner of it all the building the league didn't even tell me he had to contact my former coach. Is there anything I can do? He said the only way someone can get kicked out is if they throw a punch. I have witnesses to that.
Request a refund of your $55

tranquility

Send a demand letter for your money back. Explain you have been given no explanation for their breach of contract and that if a satisfactory one is not given, "you will explore your legal remedies." If you don't like their answer, sue them.

unansweredvicti

Yes, I know it's only $55, but I'm a college student living on my own so $55 matters kind of. The guy said himself, quote "The only way you can get kicked out of this league is if you throw a punch" I have several fellow soccer players who are baffled by this weird decision of kicking me out and can confirm his quote.

Zigner

Yes, I know it's only $55, but I'm a college student living on my own so $55 matters kind of. The guy said himself, quote "The only way you can get kicked out of this league is if you throw a punch" I have several fellow soccer players who are baffled by this weird decision of kicking me out and can confirm his quote.
Can you afford to miss school for this?

You DO know that winning in small claims is only part of the battle, right? You'd still have to collect.

And, another point is that you are already out the $55...so if you are so strapped for money, why did you spend the money in the first place?

Zigner

I'm just wanting the $55 back. If he says no, I'd like some words of advice I could use or something to work things my way.
Ummm...

You were told that your other recourse would be to sue. Whether it's worth it, financially, is totally up to you.

There really is no other answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">