• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

software bug

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfwjw

installed software for att worldnet and set up to dial a number that was local to me. the software is dialing a different number that happens to be a toll call and now i have a bill from verizon for $136.00 for toll calls to this number and i don't know what next month has in store for me. i called there tech support and after a few checks of the program with there tech was told there must be a bug in the version of software for my worlnet program and was transfered to there billing dept. where i was told that there was nothing they could do. is this true? if so do you think writing a letter to att would help? i live in pennsylvania

L

loku

Toll calls

If the improper dialing was caused by a bug in their program, they are liable to you for your added costs. That is basic. And in a case like this it is often helpful to have an attorney write them a letter; however, for such a small amount, it might not be economical to hire an attorney, even to write a letter. Before doing that, I suggest you speak to someone higher up in the company than you have spoken to so far.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">