• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Fake Designer Purse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gymbo-Mom

What is the name of your state? MA
My mother & I attended the New England Flower show a couple of weeks ago & were walking amongst the vendors & came across a vendor who was selling jewelry & purses. The owner was an older lady (told me she was going to be 65), from Calif. & very well dressed & well spoken. She whispered that her purses were authentic designer bags that she goes to Europe to get - some are seconds - but all are authentic & the way she gets around selling them at his & other venues is to say that they're knock-off's but are in fact are the real thing. She spent a lot of time w/ my mother & I & even asked if I would consider working for her part-time as we had discussed that I was looking for part-time work after my child was born & she gave me her card. She seemed like a very nice person! My mother & I each bought several items from her totalling $600. I have several authentic designer bags myself (although not these designers) & even asked another mother/daughter pair if they thought these were authentic & they said yes. Of course, I tried having them authenticated & they are fake! I have tried calling this woman every day for the past 10+ days & only get her answering machine & I haven't left her a message. If she would just refund my money, I'd be happy, but I'd like to know what recourse I have & what agencies I'd report her to in case this doesn't work out. I can just imagine how much money she's made off these fake bags!

Last edited:

divgradcurl

I have tried calling this woman every day for the past 10+ days & only get her answering machine & I haven't left her a message. If she would just refund my money, I'd be happy, but I'd like to know what recourse I have & what agencies I'd report her to in case this doesn't work out. I can just imagine how much money she's made off these fake bags!
Sue her in small claims court -- that's about all you can do.

As far as agencies, this is a civil matter, there really arne't any agencies that will help you. You could contact the manufacturers of the real bags to let them know someone is selling fakes, that may or may not spur some action.

Gymbo-Mom

Small claims court

I've been to small claims court before - she obviously won't show up since she lives in Calif. & they'll rule in my favor, but that doesn't mean that she'll ever pay me. I thought that the FBI had a fraud division or something like that?

S

seniorjudge

Joell Karsten said:
I've been to small claims court before - she obviously won't show up since she lives in Calif. & they'll rule in my favor, but that doesn't mean that she'll ever pay me. I thought that the FBI had a fraud division or something like that?
And what did the FBI say when you called them and asked them this question?

Gymbo-Mom

I haven't contacted the FBI - I just thought that I'd heard that this constitutes federal fraud & a person can be charged with fraud in a matter like this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">