• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone cashed a check meant for me..help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksshin

texas.. a person sent me a check for $375.00. I never received this check and according to the person who sent it.. the check has been cashed. He has inquired to his bank and they say that it was cashed at a check cashing place. The dont seem very helpful and are almost saying ... its been cashed and there is nothing left to do. I am wondering what action I can take and if it is even worth the time to take the action? from a previous post I was referred to the Check Fraud website and I understand that I can sue the payee's bank... what is the chances that I will get the money owed me? and will the lawyers fee be more than the original check amount?

R

Reener39

Have you asked the sender of the check for a copy of the cashed check? Maybe your leg is being pulled!
If indeed it was cashed, the back of the canceled check should have some information regarding who the cashee was.
Good Luck!

K

ksshin

i have thought of that and i dont know how to proceed. I have asked for a copy of the check and nothing... can I call the bank and ask?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">