• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son not paying car note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ellagodad

What is the name of your state? texas resident.

son bought car and I cosigned. verbal only contract that he would make car note payment and increase in my insurance. two months after buying vehicle he moves out and quits his job. i am now left with the bag and the payments while he has the car.

i have continued to make all loan and insurance payments to insure that i maintain my good credit.

i am listed as the first person on all paperwork, purchase aggreement, loan and title. he is listed as second owner.

i want to repossess the vehicle and sell it. after recovering the $3400+ that he has not paid in the last six months, i will give him the rest of any monies recieved after paying off loan.

do i have the right to just go pick the car up?

can i sell the vehicle without his approval?

if i can not sell the vehicle without his release, what must i do to get sole legal ownership of the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">