• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sorority is Greedy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darbidoll8

I am a student at University of Missouri--but I am a resident of Nebraska. Last year, I pledge a sorority despite my financial predicament because they (the officers) said that they would work with me so I could pay it back. But it was way too expensive, tons of hidden costs and so I applied for an emergency financial status to get the month fee waived. I never heard if they approved my request and finally in second semester, when the bills keep coming, I deactivated. They are charging me for the whole year though and I really did not get the money's worth at all because I didn't want to get too involved in something that I felt would eventually end. I do not have the money to pay them back and they have turned me over to a collection agency. I owe 925 bucks in 30 days. I will not ever have this money as I'm paying my own out-of-state tuition. I had signed some contract when i pledged, and it stated that financial responsibilities had to be met, and no exceptions were to be made for the 300 house note bill, (implying that other fees could be an exception). I would like to know my legal rights. I was 18 years old, but still being claimed on my parents income tax. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">