• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sprint Violated terms of contract.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtaylor451

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I have had two phone on the same sprint pcs account for nearly 8 years. The original 2 year contract ended and I continued the account on month to month terms up until about a year ago when I had signed a new contract for upgraded phones. For the entire length of my service, both lines on the service had included "america roaming" meaning no roaming fees within the continental us. About 6 months ago now, that "america roaming" feature was just removed from the primary line on my account with no notification or explanation. I have now be accruing roaming charges, paying them, and then disputing the charges with customer service. Eventually they credit my account for the charges, but they have still not corrected the root problem and returned the "america roaming" feature. The process of disputing undue charges is getting exhausting. I have made dozens of phone calls and spent hours chatting online with their customer service reps with no real success. Do I have a right to terminate my contract on the grounds that they violated the terms stated in my contract? And/or do i have any legal way to compel them to correct my account and compensate for the time spent attempting to correct the issue?

See if you can get this resolved by speaking with their Executive Escalation Department. Their phone number used to be 1-866-727-0665. If that number doesn't work anymore, you will have to call their corporate office in Overland Park, KS and ask to speak to Executive Escalations.

Good luck.

Going through Sprint's executive customer service is definitely the better way to go in terms of resolving your issue quickly and cheaply. Usually, once you get to the point in which you're talking to actual Sprint executive customer service, you can usually get your problem resolved.

However, if you still don't get a satisfactory answer, you can also try suing Sprint in small claims court. If they don't respond, you can easily secure a default judgment and win the case.

swalsh411

A "default judgement" for what exactly?

No court is going to order Sprint to change his calling plan, or compensate him for the time he spend on the phone getting his bill corrected.

Who the heck pays roaming charges these days? Is this for voice or data roaming?

csi7

Having spent the last two years of contract with Sprint arguing about charges each month, I sent an email to customer service, informing of the telephone call made, and I sent the inquiry to board of directors email address as well. Before I did this, however, I made sure to have all the dates, times, people talked to, and this helped with the conversation with the senior representative.
You can also send a complaint to your state agency that oversees the telephone companies. This was really helpful in resolving some of the more serious issues.

tammy8

What state are you calling from? I have never had an issue with Sprint and nothing but grand service. Seems there is more to this story?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">