• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting my own website.. help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MelodyT

What is the name of your state? California

i have been involved in a baby website for about 2 years. 2 years ago i started helping out by becoming a moderator of the boards. i did sign a contract at that time (wasn't notorized, nor witnessed) stating that iw ouldn't give out any confidential information about what goes on behind the scenes of the site. i do not recall if that included the rule that 1 until year after resignation you can't start your own website. the owner of the site says that is what it says and that is what i signed. and the owner of the site lives in New York.

now my question.... i have started my own website, not 1 year after i resigned from the other site and am now being threatned that she is going to sue me for breech of contract. i'm not affecting her business by taking any members with me. how concerned should i be with these threats? and legally what am i looking at dealing with here? thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">