• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statement obligations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shawnee713

I subscribed to cell phone service with powertel, and was told I would get statements every month for the service. Starting in approx. June 2001, I have not received those monthly statements. I have been contacted by the powertel collections department, and I have placed several calls to them. I have made numerous requests for those statements wich I have not received, and have been told each time the statements will be mail to me. Finally, about 2 weeks ago, I received a statement reflecting the total balance due, but not the statements or itemization of service for the past several months I have not received statement. I have told powertel several times that I will be more than happy to pay the $211 past due balance as soon as I get those statements I requested so I know exactly what I'm paying for. About 1 week ago, I received a notice from powertel that if I don't remit the balance w/in a certain time frame, my account will be turned over to a collection agency. I am going to write a letter to powertel in regards to all of this, and I need to know if powertel has any legal obligation to send me statements for my monthly service, and what my rights are as a consumer in regards to not paying for services until I know what I am paying for. Please help!!!! Also, am I obligated to pay for insatisfactory service?

wtd

This isn't legal advice, but have you thought about moving up the food chain a little at Powertel and speaking with someone who has more authority than the person who answers the phone?

Just something to think about, hope it helps a little. These companies can be a real pain in the behind sometimes. I had the same problem with a credit card company - no billing statements, but late notices like clockwork - and got nowhere until I finally worked my way up to someone who could solve the problem.

Good luck,
wtd

S

shawnee713

I've spoken with supervisor after supervisor, and still I'm getting no where. Last time I spoke to a supervisor, I requested the customer service address, and she gave me a local address. I told her I didn't want that one, if I did, all I had to do was go there in person. So I got the coporate address, which is where I'm going to send my letter. But yes, I have tried speaking to someone other than the people who answer the phone- that was the first thing I did 4 months ago!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">