• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaleigh

What is the name of your state?Texas My son's billfold was *stolen containing CDL driver's lic., and his paycheck*. His employer put a stop payment on the stolen check & issued him a replacement. Approx. a month later his employer receives a call from a store stating they *cashed the check for someone (not my son) & demands check amount and fees*. Store demanded his employer take care of it, when they refused,store said my son should pay.He refused. A couple weeks later, his employer receives call from *Police Chief who threatens that when my son is arrested, any vehicle he is driving will be impounded, including company trucks*. Having trouble getting store to send *copy of check to see endorsement*. What should son do? what laws/rules pertain to above *issues*?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">