• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Storage Shed Auction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BzinFL

While I was at a Women's Shelter in Alabama, friends put my belongings at a Storage Unit in Alabama in their name. I got out of Women's Shelter & am in FL now. I made the payments until I lost my job in June, so was 2-1/2 months behind. I could pay one of the months, but was told unless I was completely caught up - $281.00 - it was going to be auctioned. The auction took place last week (I don't have a vehicle - big shocker, right?) The storage shed was auctioned off for more than I owed... who gets the extra money?

LdiJ

While I was at a Women's Shelter in Alabama, friends put my belongings at a Storage Unit in Alabama in their name. I got out of Women's Shelter & am in FL now. I made the payments until I lost my job in June, so was 2-1/2 months behind. I could pay one of the months, but was told unless I was completely caught up - $281.00 - it was going to be auctioned. The auction took place last week (I don't have a vehicle - big shocker, right?) The storage shed was auctioned off for more than I owed... who gets the extra money?
Duplicate post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">