• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

storage unit sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abacket

I recently got behind on my storage unit payments because of medical reasons and the units were put up for auction. I had 2 units which I obtained at different times. I wanted to pay for 1 unit ( only had enough for 1 ) to catch up the payment but the company said I had to pay for both or nothing. I was also not allowed on premises to bid on my own property. I lost everything I ever had. Birth certificate, High school and college diploma, all financial records, car titles, ssn card, id's, mortgage papers, business account records, customer credit card numbers, clothes, 46 years of personal property and business records. I would think I should at least be able to do something because of them exposing my personal financial records with the posibility of someone stealing my identity. They have everything they would need. I was also not allowed to sell any property from the units myself in which there was over $250,000.00 worth of property. Help. I lost everything.

abacket

teflon_jones said:
You had over $250K of property in two storage units, yet you didn't have enough money to make the payments on them? :confused:
I was in the hospital at the time and all of my cash flow was used up to pay medical bills. I had moved in with friends and put everything I owned in storage to save money and pay medical bills. My car was stolen at the same time and did not have full coverage. The guy was caught and owes me $25,000 in restitution through the victim/witness program ( I will probably never see this money as he has already missed a couple of payments ). Once my storage units were locked for none payment I was not allowed to open them to sell any property out of them. Everything I owned was in those units in which I had no access to the property. Since I am self-employed I was turned down by everyone for a loan unless I had secured property like a car that was stolen. Everything just came down on me at the same time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">