• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Store Policies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evolutionsentra

What is the name of your state? Texas.

Circuit City's Pricematch Guarantee:

If you've seen a lower advertised price from another local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. If you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days of your purchase, we'll refund 110% of the difference.

Our policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers and special financing. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide price matches online, so please visit the closest Circuit City store to take advantage of our Price Guarantee.

The items in question...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=51512&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&BV_UseBVCookie=No

Trying to pricematch to these...

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4005082?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

the 2nd link is just for reference. Outpost.com is owned and operated by a national retailer called Fry's Electronics. I have the printed ad in my possession with the price of $39.99/ea.

Talked to the store manager about the pricematch. She told me that she couldn't do based on the reason that a week long sale (May 13-17) is considered a promotion and denied my Pricematch. I tried to argue with her based on the pricematch guarantee says nothing about items on sale. Then she tried to say that they were a close-out of some sort or refurbished units. Once again I told her they were the exact same item. Again she denied my PM. wouldn't even call Fry's to verify. Then she tried to base my denial on the fact that fry's says "Limit one pair per customer." YOU DON'T USE MORE THAN 2 OF THESE IN A HOME AUDIO SETUP. She wouldn't budge. So I left the store and contacted coporate headquarters. After being transferred 4 times I finally got to talk to the assist to the CEO, Tracy Coles. This is what she said, and I quote. "The Pricematch guarantee is based on the sole discretion of the store managers." What's the point of having a store policy is the store manager's have the descretion to override it at any time? Isn't this considered false adverstisement?

If any additional information is needed feel free to ask, as this is my first post on this forum.

Allen

racer72

Something else, the speakers you linked to at Frys are not the same ones you linked to at Circuit City. Here is the same speaker at Frys. That's an $80 difference per speaker. My suggestion, go to Frys.

evolutionsentra

racer72 said:
Something else, the speakers you linked to at Frys are not the same ones you linked to at Circuit City. Here is the same speaker at Frys. That's an $80 difference per speaker. My suggestion, go to Frys.
Again, the outpost link was just for reference. I used it before i took the picture of the sale ad I have. Check the picture link out in the previous post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">