• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Store Refund Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?

Texas

I bought a pearl necklace from Landau Jewelry 4 days ago and wore it to a wedding that night. Within 30 min it was in about six pieces in my hand and on the floor.

The salesperson told me it was 100% guaranteed. When I found my receipt it says there are no refunds, only store credit. I went back to the store to try (nicely) to return this defective piece of jewelry. They said they would either repair it or give me store credit.

This necklace was $189.00 and I don't care to purchase anything else there. THERE IS NO SIGN OF ANY KIND IN THE STORE regarding their return policy. It's only in the fine print on the receipt, after you've already purchased it.
I haven't contacted my credit card company yet. I don't know if I have any recourse there.

Any suggestions?
Mimi

shortbus

Sure, here's a suggestion. Let them repair it.

They don't have some legal obligation to make a big sign in the store on their return policy. Many places, esp jewelry stores, stipulate no cash returns so people don't buy items and use them once with the intent of returning them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">