• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stores on Line contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flandinette

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Stores on Line is an internet web building and hosting company that solicits business at lavish hotels all over the country. I was interested in a home based business and I attended one of their internet seminars in Nov,02.I submitted my name to them for a consultation which they said will take place after the siminar.
Halfway through the siminar, I was bombarded by a representative to make up my mind and get into their exciting offer. I was quoted a price of $5,000.00 to build six web sites and all future websites will not be charged a programming fee. I told her that even though it sounded great, I'll have to speak to my wife before I can make a decision. Also, there were many questions unanswered at the workshop which I will have to address first.She will not stop at that. I was told that my mind must be made up at that point otherwise the offer could not be guaranteed. I gave her a personal check for $2,000.00 and she had me sign a loan agreement form for the remaining balance together with interest.My monthly instalment was to be $159.71 per month. I was placed under extreme pressure to sign. When I reached home and explained the events to my wife, she was furious that I gave in like that and she said that she had a bad feeling about the whole situation and that I should cancel the entire matter. I sent an email to the company the very same evening, stating that I gave in to their sales pressure and made a mistake and would like the entire matter cancelled.
I was told that I signed a business agreement which could not be broken irregardless of the circumstances and that I was indebted to the company for the loan that I signed. I called my bank and put a stop payment to the check.
I have since sent several emails to this company pleading on their sympathy not to go through with this but to no avail.They said that if I did not pay that they will lodge a negative statement with the Credit Card Reporting Agencies. This has me very scared since my son is expected to go to college next fall and I will need my good credit to secure funds for him to do so.
I have since sent numerous emails to the company pleading with them that I exercised bad judgement and would like some goodwill to be exercised by them in cancelling the matter.
As an act of goodwill on my part, I paid the first instalment in Jan,03 and I wrote them this week advising them that I will not be paying any more. They have not yet responded to my last email. I have never used any of their services. Can I be released from the contract with this company?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">