• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Straw Package

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Big O

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. I purchased a vehicle for a family member because their credit was lousy. The dealer had a vehicle advertised for $7995.00 and sold it for $9695.00 plus tax and license. I gave $300.00 down and he said I'll show you gave $1,500.00 down payment on the contract. Now I received a collection letter from a company for $1,200.00for the remaining down payment amount. What should I do?:eek:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA. I purchased a vehicle for a family member because their credit was lousy. The dealer had a vehicle advertised for $7995.00 and sold it for $9695.00 plus tax and license. I gave $300.00 down and he said I'll show you gave $1,500.00 down payment on the contract. Now I received a collection letter from a company for $1,200.00for the remaining down payment amount. What should I do?:eek:
Pay up.

You are going to have a horrendous time proving that the dealer did anything wrong if the paperwork you signed stated that you were giving $1,500.00 down. You had a shady deal and you dealt with a shady dealer. What did you expect when you yourself have unclean hands.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">