• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linkav

What is the name of your state? Florida
I had taken out student loans for my son based on my ex-husband signing papers saying he would pay them back. He hasn't and now my credit is ruined. I just found out he hasnt been paying them after being denied credit. He is a physician in Nevada and I am living in Florida. My son isn't able to pay them back because he is paying on his student loans from law school. The ones I took out were for his undergraduate education. My ex will not speak to me his wife does but she obviously doesn't tell the truth because she said they were paying for them. Can anyone help me with an answer on what I can do?

HomeGuru

linkav said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I had taken out student loans for my son based on my ex-husband signing papers saying he would pay them back. He hasn't and now my credit is ruined. I just found out he hasnt been paying them after being denied credit. He is a physician in Nevada and I am living in Florida. My son isn't able to pay them back because he is paying on his student loans from law school. The ones I took out were for his undergraduate education. My ex will not speak to me his wife does but she obviously doesn't tell the truth because she said they were paying for them. Can anyone help me with an answer on what I can do?
**A: since your son is going to or has attended law school, ask him to take legal action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">