• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stupid friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mann

Indiana
I have a friend that does not have internet access and I have not been able to find anything myself to answer some questions. I tried family law and IAAL suggested this one.

For about 4 years "Tim" and his s/o lived together as if married..all major purchases made in both names, house refinanced, etc. Split up, got back together, apart for good now. Both in financial bad shape so nobody can really refinance in their own name. He lives in 'their' house, she chose to move out and he keeps up the payments.

The big problem is 'his' truck. Her name is on the title, but as he explained to me it was only supposed to be as a co-signor and all he would have to do upon payoff is request her name removed. She comes by in the middle of the night and takes it, usually for a day but her current s/o has no license and has been seen in truck alone. The title reads Tim lastname/her lastname.(I thought it was odd that it didn't say and/or between the names) Is there any way to keep her out of the truck without having to refinance?

Rekeying is not really an option, she has already slugged the truck and I'm sure would find a good use for her key if it didn't work in the door.

:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">