• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sub-Contract Laws. URGENT!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

niveks

STATE: FL

I use to work for company X who is a consulting firm who had a contract with company Y. When I left Company X, Company Y told X that they did not want another person, b/c I already new the system. So Company Y wanted to subcontract me out through Company X. Which is fine with me, but is there a law out there since I am no longer a full time employee with Company X(I"m a sub-contractor) that I have the right to know the Bill rait that Company X bills Company Y for and then Company X now pays me a percentage of that.
DO I have the right to know what the bill rait is that Company X is billing me out at?
If so, where can I get a copy of it?
NEEDED BY 11/12
Much Appreciated!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

niveks said:
STATE: FL

I use to work for company X who is a consulting firm who had a contract with company Y. When I left Company X, Company Y told X that they did not want another person, b/c I already new the system. So Company Y wanted to subcontract me out through Company X. Which is fine with me, but is there a law out there since I am no longer a full time employee with Company X(I"m a sub-contractor) that I have the right to know the Bill rait that Company X bills Company Y for and then Company X now pays me a percentage of that.
DO I have the right to know what the bill rait is that Company X is billing me out at?
If so, where can I get a copy of it?
NEEDED BY 11/12
Much Appreciated!
My response:

You can always ask company Y. However, if companies X and Y have a confidentiality agreement, you'll never know because neither will be able to tell you. In that instance, you're just going to have to accept what company Y pays you as an independant contractor.

But, let's assume that you do find out. There is nothing in the law that will require company X to pay you the percentage that you might decide is fair. As an alternative, what's keeping you from working directly for company Y ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">