• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sub contractor changed price of service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Boteownr

My wife and I recently built a new home. We hired a sub contractor to finish grading our property. The sub quoted a fee of $500 per day plus an additional $250 fee for the use of a dump truck - a total of $1,250. On the second day, the sub increased his estimate to an additional 1/2 day. The amount increased to $1,500 (1/2 day at $500 per day). I agreed to pay in cash and did so. The sub then claimed that he quoted a fee of $500 per day per piece of equipment for a total of $1,000 per day plus the $250 for the dump truck ($2,300 instead of $1,500). I never signed a contract and believe I have paid in full when I paid the $1,500. The sub claims I owe $800 more dollars and has threatend to take legal action. Should I be worried? Am I liable for the additional $800? Please advise.

Thanks,
Boteownr

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">