• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue College for not returning funds due to failure to update refund page on website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robsmith61884

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Not sure if this goes here but here goes:

I'm looking to sue a college for not returning my funds because they changed the policy for drop dates for refund without changing one particular page on the website? Can I sue the college for not giving my funds back because this page was not updated? I have the page printed and want to forward it to them?

Is there a legal term that I can argue about this. I feel like I'm cheated and fellow students are cheated by this. Any help is appreciated.

robsmith61884

the site has some updates on the refund policy but on one page that states refunds, it still hasnt updated and they just went into affect with this policy/date

swalsh411

Chances are pretty good that somewhere on that web page it states that the "official" policy which governs is whatever the administration has decided it to be. Did they publish this change somewhere else?

robsmith61884

it's published elsewhere, but this is like a main page, isnt it misleading to keep this page up even now with the other pages too?

Antigone*

it's published elsewhere, but this is like a main page, isnt it misleading to keep this page up even now with the other pages too?
Your questions is this: Can I sue the college? The legally accurate answer is this: Yes you can sue the college.

Will you win, most likely not.

justalayman

I don't see any problem with arguing your position using the errant information. The worst they can say is no. Maybe they will show you why it is not enforceable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">