• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing the USPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OKBiker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

i recently bought a car on ebay for $6500 and paid a $3000 deposit immediately. i paid the rest with postal money orders. i purchased the money orders on jan 29th and mailed them out via express mail, which is guaranteed next day delivery. the post office lost the package containing the money orders and is now telling me that it is going to be 60 days before i can get them replaced. the problem is that i already have a non-refundable deposit of $500 for shipment f the car, and i signed a contract with the seller stating that i would have it paid in full by next weekend, and i dont have another $3500 to send him until the post office can reimburse me for the money orders that they lost. if i do in fact lose either of my deposits can i sue the USPS for causing me to lose this? thanks for any help you can offer.

Hot Topic

People who buy cars through eBay are asking for trouble.

The USPS is not responsible for the payment arrangement you made with the seller.

FlyingRon

I've bought a car (1986 AVANTI), a 24' mahogony runabout boat, and a 6'7" grand piano all through ebay (along with countless other stuff). It's no worse than buying direct from some private party. You need to know what you are doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">