• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surgeon asks for additional payment after procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtsix

What is the name of your state? CA

I underwent a necessary surgical procedure which was not covered by medical insurance. The surgeon's office quoted me what they said were the extent of the related fees: for the hospital, the anesthesiologist, and the surgeon. I paid all fees in advance, in full.

Five days after the procedure the surgeon's office called and said there was an additional fee they had overlooked.

There was no written contract.

1. Am I obligated to pay the fee?
2. Can the surgeon refuse to see me for my followup visit -- I still have the surgical dressing on -- if I dispute the fee?

Thanks.

rmet4nzkx

The fees you paid were estimated fees paid in advance, they overlooked a fee and included it ASAP, surely you signed some agreement insofar as payment when you presented at your initial appointment re payment, since this was private pay. Was this plastic surgery?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">