• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sweetnsour247

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweetnsour247

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have a contract for two cell phones and they are both in my name and I pay the bill. I loaned one to a friend so that we could control our cellular bills since his cell phone company does not get service where I live. This way we could talk unlimited minutes using cell to cell. He kept this phone in his vehicle so that we would be able to talk before and after work. I told him that if he didn't want to talk anymore, please return the phone so that my mother would have a cell phone. He agreed. Now, his spouse searched his vehicle and found the phone. She doesn't want him talking to his best friend at all and took the phone from him. She has said she is going to destroy the phone. He has offered to mail it back to me in working condition but she refuses. What rights do I have as to getting my phone returned and what rights do I have if she has destroyed the phone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">