• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At&T

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shiisun

I am an experienced account recievables manager/bill collector/ customer service trainer. I currently work for Tmobile, but having problems with at&t. I have paid all bills on time, but some how every month, the bill would just keep inflating. I do this for a living. The only answer I got was the "data package" theory. If u access the internet without a "plan", they charge you. Thats cool. But $600 to access the at&t net to download their own internal applications for phones they own and sell, seems ridiculous and questionable. Nobody (supervisor) can answer why all I had to do was pay $15 more to get access, but if you don't sign up for it, they can literally charge ANY amount they want?? My "legal" question is, how can at&t charge such excessive amounts for "data" (without anything in writing) with absolutely NO legal warning and/or disclaimer advising you of the amount you "may" be charged to access data. Data required for ringtones, games etc. Not the internet, at&t net!! Help!!

justalayman

I have not seen a contract that did not state the cost to use the internet if it wasn't a one price contract.

call and ask them how they calculate the data charges.

ecmst12

The fees charged for data access will be per megabyte and will be outlined in your service agreement.

divona2000

Access your account online at at&t, it will show all of your data usage time, and the total cost. The site outlines all the possible package deals, and the prices. Much easier to keep track of that way. If you don't have unlimited date use included, they will charge you by the very expensive megabyte.
(That was how we found out ours had not been billed correctly, we asked politely to have it changed back, they did, and they reimbursed us for the $650 cost for that month!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">