• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At&t

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gtanasescu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

Signed up for DSL. Told I would get 2-$75.00 visa cards and $50.00 check for signing up for pro service.

Received 1 card and the $50 ck. Misplaced check and when found discovered it was "expired". I since called them and was told could not reissue check - out of luck..so sorry and that they never had a program that gave out 2 visa cards, only one.

Sent me to customer service which is where I started at. The cards and check were to cover the cost of the DSL equipment so basically I would only be out the monthly charges. I am feeling really scammed without recourse!

I would really like my money.:mad:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

Signed up for DSL. Told I would get 2-$75.00 visa cards and $50.00 check for signing up for pro service.

Received 1 card and the $50 ck. Misplaced check and when found discovered it was "expired". I since called them and was told could not reissue check - out of luck..so sorry and that they never had a program that gave out 2 visa cards, only one.

Sent me to customer service which is where I started at. The cards and check were to cover the cost of the DSL equipment so basically I would only be out the monthly charges. I am feeling really scammed without recourse!

I would really like my money.:mad:
How long ago did you get the card and the check?

I_Got_Banned

How much were you charged for equipment?

Also, check the Rewards Card you have received. It too has an expiration date and if the full $ amount on the card is not used by the expiration date, it too will be forever lost.

racer72

Conversely, please explain why the issuer of the check should be rewarded for OP's negligence.
Please explain why checks legally have expiration dates. Also, if I give you a 50 dollar bill and you lose it, should I be liable to replace it?

Mass_Shyster

Please explain why checks legally have expiration dates. Also, if I give you a 50 dollar bill and you lose it, should I be liable to replace it?
Checks have an expiration date so the issuer gets a windfall if the receiver fails to cash it.

It can also be argued that the expiration exists so you don't have to incur a stop-check fee when you replace a check after that date occurs.

If I lose a $50 bill, I'm out $50, and so are you. There's no reason you should bear the burden of my loss. If I lose a $50 check, I'm out $50, but now you're ahead $50.

My biggest issue with this is the attitude of the issuer. similar to the credit card companies cashing in for each and every mistake you make, AT&T now cashes in on OP's error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">