• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AT&T Cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pykritner

What is the name of your state?

I'm in Maryland.
I had internet and long didstance service with AT&T. In July of last year cable access became available and I signed up (I don't need long distance service) anyway, I called AT&T to cancel service and spent over two hours on the phone being transferred, grilled about my needs , etc and eventually got through to someone to cancel my service. I was told my service would be cancelled by the 28th of July, 2002.
I kept receiving bills and spending countless hours on the phone with AT&T, and was continually told that my service was cancelled and not to worry, they would fix the problem. The bills kept coming and coming and getting bigger and bigger. I haven't had service sing last July and now were coming up on a year.
I finally wrote them and never got a responce. Last week I got a notice from a collection agency saying I now owe them $186.
What can do to get this resolved? Calling is a nightmare and writing is ignored!:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">