• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AT&T changed my rates w/o telling me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thisislife

state: ca

in december of 2000, at&t disconnected my long distance service. when it was turned back on, the company also raised my rates significantly--without informing me.

i did not receive a bill for 2 months. when i did, the balance due was over $5000. i called in early march 2001 and had the balance corrected to correlate with my original rates. i was told at that time that the rates had been changed on 1/31/01.

in late march, i switched telephone carriers.

in september of 2001, i called to deal with another matter and was informed that my dispute had actually been rejected --and i had not been informed. that's when i was told that the rates were changed on 12/25/00. at&t now believes that i owe them $5323.70.

i have a consumer complaint pending with the fcc.

what else should i do? what are my rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">