• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

T-Mobile Issue - Internal Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idahotrish

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I had an acct. with T-Mobile, but shut it down this year due to a mistrust issue. There was an add'l line of service added to my acct. without my knowledge. T-Mobile shut down the add'l line for "fraud" and refunded the money owed to me. When I read my statement and found this out, I immediately called them to find out what was going on. They told me that whomever did this had to have had my name, social, and my mobile #. They declined to say how they knew it was "fraudulent" in the first place, and have since credited my closed account by sending me a check for $140 as a "courtesy", when I rightfully owed them that money for my bill. Makes no sense to me. I contacted my Atty. General and filed a complaint, but since T-Mobile credited back the original fraud money, there was no case. I am upset that T-Mobile can allow my personal information to be compromised without my knowledge, and refuses to tell me the details. Aren't they liable for "anything"??!!!

Also, I don't have the name of an attorney here in Idaho, but would like to investigate what I can do. I have documentation of everything from day one, and feel this is something that deserves some attention. I would like to know if this has happened to others as well. Can I look up complaints from the Atty. General's office in other states too???

Thank you.

gchapin

Another T-mobile subscriber

My son had t-mobile, he was 4 weeks from the completing his contract, he
was a little late, and they cancelled him, and now he has to pay termination fee that was wrong, they should of calculated the fee, I have nothing good to say about them. :mad:

gchapin

Another T-mobile subscriber

My son had t-mobile, he was 4 weeks from the completing his contract, he
was a little late, and they cancelled him, and now he has to pay termination fee that was wrong, they should of calculated the fee, I have nothing good to say about them. :mad: Richmond Va

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">