• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AT&T tresspasses on customer property, rips out wiring, says "we'll do it again"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donbmad

well, since they only ripped out their crap, there is nothing wrong with what they did. You have yours and they have theirs.

They had every legal right to remove their equipment and did so.

and yes, I do not understand why they will not simply install as you wanted but if they don't want to, they don't have to.

Kind of sounds like my kids. I tell them the best way to do things all the time but you think they would listen..NNNOOOOOO!!!

and then they bitch about things not working or going right and want ME to fix the situation.
Aaaaaaaand, which party are you implying is like your kids? ;)

justalayman

Aaaaaaaand, which party are you implying is like your kids? ;)
AT&T

I did post a negative comment reagarding AT&T's actions.

They had every legal right to remove their equipment and did so.

and yes, I do not understand why they will not simply install as you wanted but if they don't want to, they don't have to.

donbmad

UPDATE:

A Comcast contractor helped me out at a reasonable price. Upon finishing, he said "someone really butchered those wires down there"... he said someone came and cut all the wires at the jacks -- in other words, they messed with "my crap". Apparently the crawlspace wasn't locked up.

At this point, I just want you guys to know how petty this company (AT&T) is. I'm going to add this information to the OP. Thanks again to all who posted and helped.

tylermenezes

Clarification for people who didn't READ the post!

It seems quite a few people are replying without reading the original post! AT&T was within their rights to remove the wiring from the junction box, yes. If you had FULLY READ the original post, and a bunch of the comments, you'd see that they also removed the wiring from HIS HOME, even after he had paid them for it. Unless he signed some sort of disclaimer or other agreement, they cannot remove wiring from someone's house. They can remove it from the junction.

I repeat for everyone too lazy to read this post before replying: THEY REMOVED THE WIRING FROM HIS HOUSE. NOT JUST FROM THE JUNCTION, BUT FROM EVERYWHERE IN HIS HOUSE. Apparently, they did a bad job, too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">