• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking advantage of a gltich in my local homebroadband service provider...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laurendolce101

hi! i found this glitch in my homebroad services(prepaid). when i run outta data during my subscription, i go to buy "MORE DATA" . i try to buy data but since i dont have any balance in my prepaid account, it says 'insufficient funds for this action. pls recharge and try again' . and then i check my data balance again, they have added the requested data! been doing this for months now. now, im wondering if this is a crime or any sort of violation where i can face legal charges? [i simply recharge and subscribe to the lowest data plan monthly and then take advantage of this gltich ] thank you

Mnemosyne

You are deliberately taking action to receive services without paying for them. You know it's wrong.

I don't know the prosecutorial climate of your unnamed state, but you should report the website glitch to your broadband provider. I would suspect that if you proactively alert them to this loophole that may be exploited by countless other customers, they will gratefully refrain from pursuing criminal charges against you for theft of service. They may be inclined to make an adjustment to your bill to reflect services already received but not paid for; they may not.

Make the phone call anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">