• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking back a free Upgrade...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fburke

What is the name of your state MA

In July I brought an electronic device into a major chain store for repair where have a protection plan through., Usually they do a product exchange, at tis time they did not have my exact model so they replaced it with a newer model instead no questions asked, have a nice day Mr. Customer…there is a $150.00 difference between models.

Now 4 month later I brought the product back again for a covered issue….This time they sent me back the older model instead of the newer model they gave me that I have gotten accustomed too and purchased software for that will not work on the older one.

I politely told them that this was unacceptable and I refused the exchange and politely requested that either I get the same model that I sent out or return my broken unit and I will have it repaired somewhere else. They said they could do neither and it was either the older model or nothing.

My complaint is that they should either give me the same or better than the one I brought in..like thay did before.... I pay monthly for the “protection plan” if they don’t want to honor the upgrade that they gave me fine….then at least give me my broken item back and let me deal with it somewhere else…I would think that item would be my property.

If they refuse to give me back my original device is that theft?

Once they give me an upgrade can they just take it back? Do I have any legal recourse?

Thanks

tranquility

While it is an interesting issue, I suspect your answer will lie with the original that you purchased a protection plan for. Read your agreement.

fburke

even if thay don;t want to give me a replacement newer model...thay should at least give me back the orgional item i brought in....

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
even if thay don;t want to give me a replacement newer model...thay should at least give me back the orgional item i brought in....
Actually, all you're entitled to is something equal to the ORIGINAL model that you purchased a protection plan for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">