• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tanning Bed Rash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dfmrsf

I live in New York state.I was in a tanning bed about two months ago for two 24min.sessios spaced about 3weeks apart
This new tanning bed promised to give you the tan that a couple of visits in the other beds would give.Everthing was fine I did get a tan, but about a month later I started to itch, first on my back ther everywhere. I broke out with a
itchy rash all over my body the itching is horibble. My Doctor sent me to a Dermotologist.He has done a skin biopsy, I am waiting for the results.He also prescribed Prednisone for me and a cortizone topical cream. My question is, is the Tanning Salon Liable for any of my Doctor fees,and the pain and suffering I am still going through?

D

dfmrsf

The skin biopsy that was read by two pathologist shows that it is almost conclusive the rash and itch was caused by UV rays,not a contact dermotitis.The prednisone i have taken all week has helped but its not gone yet.Doctor says if rash comes back after stopping medication I should get another opionion. Isn't there some kind of defect with that
machine? I have been in alot of discomfort.and I feel I should been compensated for it.What do you think?

HomeGuru

Ok, now you have some proof. Did the MD rule out allergy ( food, dust, grass, bee sting etc.) and anything else that may have contributed to the skin rash? Is the rash sort of like a sunburn?
Contact the place and do some investigation to see if any other customers complained. Search the internet to see if there have been similar problems with similar machines.

B

bluezephyr

I have the same problem - one of those new mega beds. I initially had 8 minute session - then she turned it back on for 8 more minutes at my requst as I didn't think I had gotten any tan yet ...... and I had gotten in the bed late and had to stop it once - it was my first time and didn't really know - one of those supposed to tan triple in only 8 minutes....

My rash started after about a week and I still have it - now 11 days later. I can't really afford a doctor - and have no insurance, but feel I need to get this checked out - it doesn't seem to be going away........

Thanks for any advice.
BZ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">