• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tanning contract for under aged girl, owner refusing to void

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marques10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My sister who is 17, signed up for a tanning package, she didn't know that you had to be 18. She went into the store later that week and they refused her service because she was under 18, when we tried to cancel her contract they said they couldn't that we had to contact the owner by fax, they said he had no number to call. So after faxing him several times, his son supposedly texted me back asking what I needed, I told him to cancel her contract since she isn't 18 and what location she signed up at and when it took place. He said he would pass it to his dad.

The next day I got a text asking to call, when I did he assumed I was her mom, well im not I explained, her mom is out of the picture and our dad passed away years ago, but liked i made clear several times i am not her legal guardian, she lives with an old family friend. he told me since i was there and had signed one of the papers he had his 'bases covered' and i should call an attorny and he hung up on me. Do i really have to take it that far?? please someone give me some advice!
Thanks!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

My sister who is 17, signed up for a tanning package, she didn't know that you had to be 18. She went into the store later that week and they refused her service because she was under 18, when we tried to cancel her contract they said they couldn't that we had to contact the owner by fax, they said he had no number to call. So after faxing him several times, his son supposedly texted me back asking what I needed, I told him to cancel her contract since she isn't 18 and what location she signed up at and when it took place. He said he would pass it to his dad.

The next day I got a text asking to call, when I did he assumed I was her mom, well im not I explained, her mom is out of the picture and our dad passed away years ago, but liked i made clear several times i am not her legal guardian, she lives with an old family friend. he told me since i was there and had signed one of the papers he had his 'bases covered' and i should call an attorny and he hung up on me. Do i really have to take it that far?? please someone give me some advice!
Thanks!!

What was the paper you signed?

Proserpina

Thanks!!

What exactly did you sign?

marques10

I signed on the front of the paper a week after she had singed up for the package, it was just after she was refused service and I went in there, the guy asked if I was her legal guardian and I said no, several times, and he said well lets have you sign the front and I'll fax the other location so they know your her older sister. I know I should not have signed anything, but does it still really matter? I'm not her legal guardian, so it's irrelevant right??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I signed on the front of the paper a week after she had singed up for the package, it was just after she was refused service and I went in there, the guy asked if I was her legal guardian and I said no, several times, and he said well lets have you sign the front and I'll fax the other location so they know your her older sister. I know I should not have signed anything, but does it still really matter? I'm not her legal guardian, so it's irrelevant right??
Since we don't know what you signed, we have no way of knowing. Tell us, EXACTLY, what you signed. You do have a copy, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">