• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tatoo under the influence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weaving123

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I am 20 years old, and I went to get a tatoo while i was obviously intoxicated. I signed a form saying that I had not been drinking, but of course, I was un-aware of what I was signing, and this tatoo parlor gave me a tatoo anyways, even though I smelled of alcohol. Even though I am under-age would it be worth it to sue this parlor for the life-time scaring that they gave me?

panzertanker

Weaving123 said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I am 20 years old, and I went to get a tatoo while i was obviously intoxicated. I signed a form saying that I had not been drinking, but of course, I was un-aware of what I was signing, and this tatoo parlor gave me a tatoo anyways, even though I smelled of alcohol. Even though I am under-age would it be worth it to sue this parlor for the life-time scaring that they gave me?
Not too drunk to drink (even underage!)
Not too drunk to find a tattoo shop
Not too drunk to pick out a design
NOW too drunk to accept the ramifications....

You are a moron and I hope you have a tattoo that states that, for all to see and be warned!

shortbus

You may have been underage for drinking, but not underage for getting a tattoo or signing a contract.

Tattoo parlors make customers sign waivers like that so they don't come back later and try to do what you're doing -- have the contract invalidated on the basis of intoxication / incapacity.

You might be able to make an argument that entrusting a drunk person to know he's drunk defeats the purpose. You'd then have to argue the tattoo parlor has a legal duty to assess your intoxication and determine whether you're competent to get tattooed.

Bars and restaurants have this legal duty, but only because laws have been passed explicitly saying so. So much depends on the tattoo parlor regulations in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">