• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

telephone companies hidden tricks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paguiar

AT&T hidden tricks

State name: New York
I have applied for a phone line and plan by AT&T. At my aplication, I asked how much I would pay for international calls that I make to a country and received the answer U$0.25/min. I did not receive the information that there were different types of international calls and that I would be receiving any different service than the one I have applied for. With my contract,AT&T sent me calling cards without any previous notice and no mention to different rates, only with instructions on how to place the calls.I thought that they were part of my plan, and made internation calls using this card.(this is my first phone line in this country, and I thought that this was the normal procedure for making calls, both the instruction manual and the card sheet instruct you to use the card even from home).This week I will receive a bill of more than U$1000.Yesterday, when I asked for an explanation, AT&T told me that I do not need to use these cards, that the rate I will have to pay now is U$7.55/min, that the card was not part of my plan, that they send it to every custumer without previous notice and, if I used it, it's my own fault and they will not refound me. Is this a legal procedure (sending services that you have not applied for together with the applied , without beeing specific about it)?The company has not been helpful at all, what should I do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">