• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Contract error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Texas
I signed contract at a local electronics store for products in store. I realized my name was wrong on the contract so it had to be redone. So after three hours they finally got my new contract ready, with the correct name. The store charged me for insurance since I did not have my homeowners policy on me. I went back to the store later with my homeowners policy and that charge was removed from my contract and I resigned the contract to reflect the change and the products were delivered the next day.
Today(three days later) the sales person calls and wanted me to come into the store to sign a new contract because they left an item off of the contract. Am I required to go in and resign the contract? I thought once it was signed it's binding? I am out of town and can not go back into the store. They told me that I only have until Monday to come in and sign. What is the law on this? Please help.

OHRoadwarrior

Tell them you are out of town, however, you will send them an email confirming the product was delivered to you and that you will resign an amended contract when you return. If they have another store where you are, you can likely stop there and re-process this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">